Hello my name is Melinda and I have a problem. I get so excited about new projects that I start them and then set them aside to start new ones. I have a tote full of half finished projects and just started “hopefuls.” I decided I needed to make a list and prioritize them all. On top of that, no new projects can be cast on until these are cast off. (I am nuts I know) So for a bit of accountability I decided to make my list here and I’ll check in with each finished project!
1. Camo Ankle Socks for Brother. This one is leftover from Christmas since the socks I knit him didn’t fit. Some of you heard the sock book horror story! One finished, one to be knit.
2. Hand-spun Merino and Romney Birthday Socks for Hubby. I love these! A combo of my own inventiveness and bits of You-Tube instructions. One Sock done. I ran out of Merino and need to spin more before I can knit the second sock.
3. Tank Top/Halter for me, made from my own Hand-Spun and incredible yarn from Atknitsendyarns (Check her out on ETSY!) Started. I need to spin one more bobbin and ply my yarn then finish knitting.
4. ShapeShifter Shrug From Vampire Knits. I started this with a gorgeous 100% Wool yarn that I bought at Meijer of all places. Called Fisherman’s Wool. (secretly in love with this yarn) I started this one after freezing in a movie theater with the Hubby. I aim to make a hat to match from another great ETSY lady Hectanooga!
5. Socks For me made with SnowFlake Yarn from my LYS And An Awesome pattern from Atknitsendyarns. I have to frog these and start over, I messed up the lace and just can’t bring myself to pull the stitches out.
6. Gauntlets from Naughty Knits Made with Atknitsendyarns. (See a pattern here??) I actually have both of these started since I was halfway through one, at the dentist without my book, so I started the next one from my head.
7. Though not knitting, I have a mostly finished Apron that I my Aunt gave me. I have most of the cross stitch done and need to finish it.
Once I finish these I’d like to work on socks for my step-son, Simple t-shirts from a Ravelry pattern accented with yarn from ElevenHillsArt. (Another Shameless promotion check out her awesome yarns at ETSY). Planters from my hand-spun Plarn among a gazilion other things that will keep me knitting long into my old age. (And then some)
So, from now until I finish these, I will work on one project on the list until it is finished. I will not start any new projects that aren’t already on my needles. Now If only someone would share the next steps… I have step one down. Admittedly I have a problem. 🙂